Monday 9 July 2007

Soz, but once again its all about me.

Some facts about my weekend:

I got changed into a really posh hired suit in a campsite, while 8 old people cheered from their static caravans.

I got up to do my reading during the wedding and the church setting and powerful words reminded me of doing a reading at my nan's funeral last year. This was awkward and quickly uncomfortable as I went from quite casually reading it out to a struggle to maintain my composure. Afterwards, a lot of people said that they thought my reading was 'brilliant' or that they 'loved it,' so I'm not sure if they were being nice, or if the tension in my voice and face added something to some of the words. I hope that most of the drama was in my head.

JA4 was on bail for Affray and Actual Bodily Harm during 2007 and had a darker side that I didnt know about. He dumped LEA and has since been a nightmare towards her, such as hacking into her Facebook account and then demanding to know who her friends were. This is not the guy I knew. I'm confused as to what I should think about him. Even weirder is that I have been summoned to do jury service in the 'Stol for two weeks and it seems likely that this period would coincide with his trial. Obviously I wont be doing it, but I found myself imagining my confusion if id not found out, and gone to court and then JA4 walked up to the dock.

I sensed an unusual parental urge to look after my parents who came to the wedding reception, but didn't know many people. I kept looking to see if they were alright or on their own, which felt strange, but good*.

I felt a twinge of unexpected attraction toward one of my friends who was looking particularly hot*.

I came home to find out 3 of my housemates are moving out; French T I knew about, but Gay A (AKA Andre the giant....) and M & N downstairs are also leaving. I am gutted T is leaving as we get on really well but I am happy that the others are leaving.

*A large quantity of the local 'Summer Ale' was almost certainly responsible for exacerbating these emotions and dwelling on them more than would usually be deemed appropriate.

8 comments:

Okami said...

Ahh yes, the strange and somewhat ominous occurrence of "the hot wedding friend" has happened to many a male counterpart of mine – and just like you – the vast majority of such an occurrence is exacerbated by “Summer Ale”

Or wine, vodka, rum, vast quantities of cold medication…or all of the above.

In actuality, it has happened to a few of my female counterparts as well – but it always much more alarmingly depressing when they do it. At least men have a somewhat more understandable reasoning of the “liquor and lust” mathematical equation in process.

Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

Ugh. What a nightmare affair. Sorry it all kicked off.

I too was at a wedding over the weekend. I expect you can guess who it was..

Okami said...

Ultra: Did you also have the "the hot wedding friend" experience?

Jenny! said...

Andre teh Giant is leaving...that is so sad...I loved that post so much that I reread it often...you will need to tell his moving out story!

Crashdummie said...

wow, alot onfo to process here...

Wedding brings out hidden emotions I suppose - or is that wishful thinking?

SMARTBuddy said...

okami- I want to come to your cold medication weddings

toast- Why are pirates called pirates? Cos they Arrrggghhhh. SHABAM!

jenny!, The giant is leaving at the end of the month. Looks like im gunna be living with 5 girls, which could go either way I guess, much like Andres Boyfriend.

Crash,
yeah twas too much really. Good wedding though- and its the ale that brings out my emotions, im sure!

Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

What a fabulous joke!

Really!

No, Really!

Anonymous said...

buy valium price for 10mg valium - buy valium legally uk