Sunday 15 July 2007

3 Shreks, man

Just saw Shrek the third.

I'd partially heard some rumblings that it wasn't very good, but I really enjoyed the first two so thought it was worth a go. Id give it 7 out of 10 for entertainment-generally a bit average, but looked amazing, and a few very funny moments. My favorite bit was when the Gingerbread man thought he was going to be killed and his life flashed before his eyes- his legs got pulled off by some kids and then they had clips of him training back to full health, then running through a field on his repaired legs with tears in his eyes.


Genius. (it is on Youtube, but really crappy quality so no link). There was also a Damien Rice song in there, which was a slightly strange choice, but a nice surprise.

Looking forward to the Simpsons movie- the whole Spider-Pig thing in the trailer probably got the biggest laugh of the night. Most of all though, I simply cant wait for Transformers (Check out the High Def trailer here- I haven't been so excited about a film since Starwars Episode 1.

6 comments:

Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

I don't think my heart could handle another break like the one inflicted by Episode I.

I've only just gotten over that.

JMcG and I are building Megatron and Soundwave costumes.

Hee!

Okami said...

I really want to go and see Transformers, but alas, no one here seems to share in my enthusiasm to do so.

:(

Jenny! said...

My son and fiance see all the movies during the day while I work (or blog)...and I want ot see this one and Harry Potter badly! I love the Gingerbread Man!

The Author Of This said...

Picked up my advanced screening ticket for Transformers. First showing is at 11am on Saturday, which is the one I'm off to!

Sweet Robotic Indulgence!

SMARTBuddy said...

Toast, Yeah, fingers crossed- hopefully its half as good as the trailers and ill be happy!

okami, its got to be seen somehow- either go on your own or transform yourself into a cinema and watch it on yourself.

jen, sounds unfair! Im not a big HP fan, but can see the attraction. Transformers, Simpsons, then The Golden Compass are big on my radar.

AMC, so youve seen it as I write? I want a review! (I couldnt face the weekend cues here- maybe this week if there are more previews)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.