Tuesday 4 September 2007

Peaks at the end with the jumping tiger

Sometimes I find it difficult to keep the blog up to date. I enjoy writing a post about a specific thing that has happened, but it often takes a lot of time to get my spelling mistakes just right. If I have a busy week at work (yes they're slowly starting to appear) or have to do jury service (one was guilty, one got off, I said they were both guilty but the judge accepted the 10-2 majority) I can suddenly find myself with three or four out of date post ideas but with nothing concrete to publish.

In a whistle stop tour of the last few weeks:

I have been training my ass off for the Bristol Half Marathon which is on Sunday. I achieved my lifetime aim of a sub-1 hour 30 mins two years ago, so this year my motivation is to beat the athletics legend Steve Cram, who is running as a race profile raiser. He has been out in Osaka covering the world championships for the past few weeks for the BBC, so hopefully he hasn't had time to train and wont be at his usual 1.26-8 standard. The world championships themselves were fantastic. I found myself glued to the TV for hours at a time- much like when i recently watched season 1 of Heroes. I occasionally found myself with tears in my eyes as athletes ran themselves into the ground, or in an instant of finely honed power and technique achieved what they had been training all year for. For me, being an athlete must be somewhere near the best job in the world. And how fit, in every sense of the word is is Kelly Sotherton?

In some breaking video clip news, I have been watching and listening to a lot of Mark Watson (for example click on me and try not to smile), and he is my new fave comedian. I also came across this video showing a tiger being so fantastically (and yet sickeningly) agile that I later realised I hadn't moved for a full minute after watching it:

Cool jumping Tiger

He would be in the elephant jumping event at the Tiger worlds.

If only that competition existed outside of my head.

3 comments:

The Author Of This said...

I'm with you on the athletics, they've been great. The marathon went past where J & I stayed back in May which was kind of cool.

Tiger video...very cool, if a little annoying that myspacetv is arse at playback.

Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

Mate, I'm going to watch C-Unit run on the weekend. Let me know if you are about. I would enjoy cheering in your face.

RUN!!

RUN!

See? I'm good at it.

SMARTBuddy said...

AMC- cool! Ive never been to watch live athletics- but its probably my fave TV sport. Strange.

Toast- Probably see ya bright and breezy Sunday morning then! Sweet.