Thursday 13 September 2007

Jabba in the hut

Ive got rabies.

Ive had it for 25 minutes. My arm aches, but I've not got the rage.

I went to see a nurse and she injected me with the virus. Its only a weakened form of course, so my body's immune system is gunna kick its ass out of town. If my immunization is the Rugby World Cup, then the rabies is Portugal and my immune system is New Zealand.













There is going to be a rout. Ive got to get two more hits of course, two more games in which I should become accustomed to the Portuguese play. They might get a few points on the board. My body will remember these games and face up to any conceded points. I will prepare methods to combat them if we ever play again in the future. That way, if while in the Amazon I get up for a leak in the middle of the night and get bitten by a rabid vampire bat,














my body will immediately recognise the Portuguese attack and call up the immune-players that are best suited to suppressing its well drilled, expansive backs play. The saved time in defence-selection should give me the chance to get to the local medical hut and get a booster. The extra momentum gained by bringing on this boosted up front row in a delicately balanced game should be enough to tip the result in my favour. The game will be hard fought. The cup will be life.

5 comments:

Ant said...

Careful, New Zealand always seem to trip up over a bogey team though... like France.

You're going to the Amazon?! Ray Mears styley?

Jenny! said...

Wait...do you really have rabies???

Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

Then I'm guessing England is what you just splashed into the pan and flushed away very quickly due to an embarrassing smell.

Princess Pointful said...

Have you also experienced the fun of anti-malaria pills? I've heard they are a riot and a half... if you enjoy psychosis.

Crashdummie said...

hold on... rabies? rabies?!?!