Sunday 9 March 2008

I have finished...

...downloading and watching Prison Break. Its worth a watch, but is no 24. I have become slightly frustrated by the fact that the writers’ strike in the US has stopped both Prison Break and Heroes in mid series. I always assumed (quite naively, admittedly) that the writers would write the scripts for the whole series before they started filming. The reality seems to be that they write it on the hoof, giving them the flexibility to kill off old, and bring in new characters as the ratings demand.

...all the hard training for the Bath Half Marathon this Sunday. Just a few sprint intervals to do this week and I’m good for another go at getting under the magic 1h30mins.

...giving my first lecture. 10 years ago I was an undergrad in the same lecture hall. Last Weds I was teaching at the front. A nice moment.

...a year of blogging. Probably a month or so more in truth, but I was definitely in Hong Kong this time last year and remember writing about it, so I’ve made it through a whole year. Go me.

...over analysing what is happening / going to happen with the Twin and am just trying to enjoy what does and does not happen. ‘Date’ #4 last weekend of a slowly developing, but at least partially promising ‘relationship’.

...hoping that I will get someone into my room before the end of the month. The flat by the sea has worked out, but at the cost of two weeks with both rents. Thinking back I seem to remember saying that id happily do this if we got to live there so I guess I will get over it. The room mate hunt worked well to get a very promising 'random' into the flat, but has so far been unsuccessful in getting someone to take over my room at H-Bombs.

...laughing at Bristol Rovers 5-1 defeat to West Brom in the FA Cup. Just.

...this post.

7 comments:

PG said...

I'm on serious Heroes withdrawal. Even thought last season was better, I'd still happily donate an hour of my time to the Hero-watching cause.

Congrats on your first lecture. It can be a bit of an out of body moment for sure.

It's funny to read a guy's blog about dating vs. a girl's. You write a bullet saying that the girl may be promising and then express hope to bed someone before month's end. I'm sure there's more analysing going on...but the woman's version would probably be daily posts analyzing the minutia of each interaction.

Anonymous said...

Word Smartbuddy...

Good to hear all is well

Glad the first lecture went well, In Sherwell was it? Bet it felt a tad wierd initially!

Dating the Saturday night twin?! 'Partially promising' is still good though eh, from tiny acorns and all that guff

Might not be doing the Bath Half, am gutted =(
I've a lung infection, was coughing up blood and shit (not literally shit!), briefly thought I had TB! On the mend now but lung capacity is still shot, wheezing like a good un. If I do it, dont think I'll hit 1hr 45 target.

Good luck with finding no.3 for the dream house and maybe see you at the weekend

C Unit

SMARTBuddy said...

Lol. psychgrad- you have missunderstood my meaning! I want to get someone in my room so that they can pay the rest of the months rent- not so I can bed them! No such 'I must get a shag this month' thoughts. Thats funny.

C- sorry to hear of your lung troubles- let me know if youre gunna make it..

Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

Ha ha! Yeah, I laughed too - and I laughed at the pirate fan mouthing 'f*ck off' at the cameras on national TV.

Ah, Bristol.

I am also running the Bath half next week. I hope to finish, at best.

Princess Pointful said...

Congrats on the first lecture!

Did you hear that they flat out pushed Season 7 of 24 to 2009?

*grumbles*

Crashdummie said...

happy bloggoversary mate!

SMARTBuddy said...

Toast- congrats on the run- good to see ya
PP- I hadnt even heard of Season 7- exciting stuff, though 6 didnt quite make the grade I didnt think.
Crash- thanks! so far so good.