Friday 11 May 2007

Spiderman 3

Spiderman 3 was good. It was 2 hours 10 mins of solid entertainment, and that’s what I paid my money for. Yes, there was a weird 20 minutes when he became a member of My Chemical Romance and minced around a bit in his Emo eyeliner and outfits. Yes, there were a few unbelievably miss-placed scenes, like the flag and the news reporter, but there were as many funny (the posh French restaurant manager) heart warming (the Stan Lee cameo) and breathtaking (the Sandman effects) moments to more than compensate. Sure, the comic purists I went with weren’t that happy, but they never are.

Plus, did you see the Transformers trailer? Oh my.

5 comments:

Princess Pointful said...

The emo part was my favourite.
His greasy bangs were like his alter-ego's costume... though I was really jonesing for some skinny jeans and converse to make it real.

Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

I haven't seent he full transformers trailer yet, but I'm dubious.

Being one of these goddamn purists, I suspect I will never be happy with the Transformers remake - unless of course Optimus Prime were to come down from heaven and give me full robot powers.

SMARTBuddy said...

PP: Peter Parker in skinny jeans?! That would have casued his web slingers to malfunction for sure!

UTMG: Oh well- its good to be a pureist for a few things. If you'd kept the costume you could have acted out a few scenes, perhaps with a few of you in different roles, and sent the film into the director saying this is how we want it. On the strength of the Prime outfit alone you would have got some free premiere tickets. That or a restraining order!

The Author said...

I'm rather gutted to have missed the Transformers trailer. I feel an imdb visit coming on rather soon!

Wonder if there are any "Flag" moments in that one too? Sincerely hope not!

Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

JMcG is rebuilding them. He has built a Soundwave torso with a fully functioning speaker.

It has a built in iPod connector.

He thinks he's Stan Winston