Monday 15 December 2008

Errors and issues (featuring The Truth).

For fuck’s sake.

I had a massive row with AnnE at the weekend. It was no fun whatsoever. It was preceded, predictably, by far too much drinking. At the time the issues seemed so huge that they dwarfed any chance we had of staying together. The truth was so big and scary that when it crawled out of its lair I was petrified and couldn’t look it in the eye. Every action I attempted to make it go away just seemed to feed it's strength. I talked about it with The Captain as it loomed large over both of us at 3am in a takeaway, but we failed to make it go away.

The Truth followed me home and featured heavily in the row, which i am not very experienced in, and have no desire to gain any more.

Then, in the cold light of a two day hangover the truth was pathetic. It had shrunk to the size of a spider I could crush without even realising. It still made me jump a little when I saw it (it was spider after all, what was it doing in here?) and it had a flicker of power to worry me about our future. But in comparison to the beast i had seen last night it was minuscule. Nights out can get silly – out of control before you realise what has happened.

We talked a bit about the way we remembered things going on but it was hard work for us both. I remain slightly concerned that she is not as serious as me about going out – she infers that she doesn’t want things to go wrong between us because of the house, where as in comparison to her I couldn’t really give a fuck about the house. In my darkest moments I worry she feels trapped ‘seeing’ me as dumping me would make the house awkward, but I hope she is stronger than letting such things drag out. In our warmest moments, which are (well, were) the vast majority, it still feels great and more than worthwhile. I am (well, was) falling for her.

I guess, like everyone else, we could go either way. Time has it in her hands.

3 comments:

Ultra Toast Mosha God said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

I'm going to make an ass out of you and me...

Maybe she's saying that she doesn't want things to go wrong 'because of the house' because she's afraid of broaching a more challenging truth.

I hope things work themselves out.

Ant said...

I'm just going to make an ass out of myself by saying something wanky:

Told you. Sleeping with the housemate rarely ends well.