Tuesday 11 November 2008

Krypton Fish Amazon Factor

By some mysterious, and numerous, quirks of fate, not to mention a series of unlikely events I find myself lying in bed with AnnE. We embrace as a hangover stamps noisily around my body and I dare to dream of contentment in between short dozes and long thoughts over investing and getting dumped. Once bitten twice shy, and all that.

The past few weeks have been messy. I’ve drunk more than I have in years, partly because there are no races to prepare for but mainly because there has been a busy social calendar and I feel like I may as well get involved. This time last year I was off to Brazil with work for 6 weeks, and had arranged my 3 week holiday straight afterwards, so I missed the current seasonal change to cold dark evenings with leaves on the ground. This year I seem to be busier at work than ever, and yet still find myself wondering what my next challenge should be. Common sense seems to indicate I should get the current one finished first.

I entered the new series of ITV’s 'Krypton Factor' on a whim, and got an interview, but couldn’t make it through work commitments. They phoned up on a Wednesday and were like, ‘Ooo, could you come up to Cardiff on Friday morning’ and I was like, ‘well maybe if you'd given me some warning, but I've got work on Friday.’ So they tried to re-arrange but it wasn’t to be. In a similar vein I am also writing an application for a BBC wildlife series, but suspect that this one will be slightly more competitive. I hope that tales of my trip to Brazil might count for something and I can get an expedition out to combine filming some fish, maybe giant freshwater stingrays, with doing some more fieldwork for the current work project. You’ve got to have a dream, right?

AnnE is lovely, but, I’m dont feel able to rush into anything this time. I’ve gone from living in different cities to the previous two girls I’ve ‘seen’ to living in the same house as AnnE. Its not that awkward par se, but sometimes on a bland Tuesday evening you just want to veg out and not have to make an effort. I think ill miss the excitement of dating, as I see her a lot at the house so the time is not that special. That said, we are having a ‘date’ tonight to see the new Bond flick, so we’ll soon figure out how we feel. Speaking to a few mates I don’t think housemates getting together is as uncommon as I first thought – I can now think of 3 at least – all of which went/are still going long term.

Time will tell.

7 comments:

PG said...

That's pretty much how R and I got together. We signed a lease on a flat...sharing a room. It was either destined to be great or miserable. Thankfully, more so the former.

Crashdummie said...

to be continued huh...

Dizzie said...

Between coming and going...




Be faithful to that which exists within yourself.

Anonymous said...

Good Skills boss

So looks like you finally got that attic room at the house in the end!

You up in the 'stol before Dec??

Ant said...

AnnE's the housemate right? I predict darkness and great woe ahead... :-)

But on the plus side your dreams are very cool indeed. Wildlife filming in general rocks, and I reckon you'd be good at it. Reach for it young man!

SMARTBuddy said...

psych:
THanks - good news! thats up to 4 people i cant hink of where its worked out!

crash:
Indeed - but I feel slightly risky writing about her without speaking to her first. Maybe I need to share the blog - but this might be just as detrimental... Oh decisions

heart:
Nice to see youre back :-) I think I am following your italics

C:
No attic room action yet, but there is always hope. Im back for Caz's BDay if youre about..

Ant:
Indeed she is. Curse your scaremongering!! Hopefully the film trip can be grasped...

Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

I wish I had read this before I saw you the other day.