Thursday 28 August 2008

Hello world.

What with the Olympics and Fantastic Contraption, I have lost quite a bit of Blog momentum and not posted for a while. This leaves the frequently encountered problem of whether or not to back date a brief history of all that has happened (not a great deal) or write a post on one specific thing and loose any sense of continuity. I have decided to do neither, but to include this paragraph as some form of justification.

One thing that has been very slowly emerging as some form of success of late has been my project at work. We got the fish breeding relatively quickly, but it has taken an age to get them successfully raising their young, rather than deciding to have a kiddie midnight feast. I have spent hours and hours in the aquarium recording what is going on in terms of the parent-parent and parent-offspring interactions which is reasonably interesting, but leaves me with a lot of spare time. Cue my latest craze of photography and playing round with the settings to try and get a decent photo of the parents with their young. It has proved difficult, the biggest problems being the low light and shooting through the glass and into water. However, a high n value, rather than any great skill has served me well and I’ve had a few reasonably decent results. It’s just a shame that the colours darken up quite a bit during their parental stages:







3 comments:

Crashdummie said...

hmmm.. something fishy going around here if u ask me... cuz they are totally creepying me out.

Princess Pointful said...

Oh! They really are fertile buggers, aren't they?
Fantastic photos!

SMARTBuddy said...

Crash - theyre quite friendly. Honest.

Princess - Thanks! THey are certainly getting their groove on, and weve still not even resorted to the Barry White!